Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day Ninety-One: Low BW = Better Muscle-UP!



I'm down to around 168 with increased strength, and I can finally do a reasonably proper muscle-up on the rings. It's still not one for the textbooks, and I cannot string them together yet, but this is a huge accomplishment for me. I could not even Kip when I started CrossFit (and weighing over 30 lbs more did not help)! I'm pretty stoked about this.

8AM 3/8 cup steel-cut oats, 2 eggs, 2 oz pork chop, 1/4 oz almonds, 1/4 cup berries, pat 'o' butter, bit 'o' milk = 4 blocks +.5x fat

Noon ISS OH YEAH! Bar = 3 blocks +1x fat

2PM 5 oz chicken thigh, masala sauce, 1/2 cup squash, 1/2 cup mashed yam = 4 blocks

3PM carbolite frozen dessert, cup Greek yogurt, scoop Max Muscle Protein Powder, 3/4 oz almonds, 1/2 oz almonds = 4 blocks +1x fat

9PM Open-face turkey cheeseburger, 2 cups veggies with pat butter = 4 blocks (low carb)

Block Target = 19 blocks +.5x fat

Total Blocks = 19 +.5x fat

Workout:

Linda (1/2 volume week)

10-8-6-4-2 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Time: 12:05

Bike 4.5 miles flat, fixed gear medium intensity

No comments: