Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Paleo Day Three: Mixed Results

Pictured above is a zone-perfect 4 block meal which is also 100% paleo approved. 6 oz ground buffalo, 1/2 lb green beans, one apple, 1/3 oz nuts

I probably ate the lowest GI meals of my life yesterday and there were some notable effects. Firstly, I find this diet very boring, there is no way I could sustain this in the long term. However, eating so much fruit and veg, is very, very filling, and I could not eat 16 blocks, only 12.5, and I was not at all hungry, nor am I now (6:30AM). I also needed less than 7 hours of sleep. My performance yesterday was a mixed bag, I felt weak, but did get a PR in the Overhead Squat; 120x15. My weight has been holding steady at around 168-170 and 13-14% bodyfat. I think this protocol will help me push past that sticking point (in fact I am down to 167, a new low).

On the coffee front, there is just no way I am giving up coffee anytime soon. I took Kirsten's advice and had a 1/2 caf medium coffee this morning. So far so good.

6AM 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 of a small coffee = .5 blocks

8AM 2 egg whites, 1 egg, 4 cups mushrooms, 1 cup blueberries, 2 oz coconut milk, 2 tsp olive oil, 3/4 oz nuts = 3 blocks +3x fat

Noon 6 oz ground turkey, 1 lb zucchini, 1 apple, 2/3 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 oz nuts, 2 tablespoon avocado = 4 blocks +.75x fat

3PM 4.5 oz chicken leg, 1 apple = 2 blocks (high protein)

9PM 6 oz chicken leg, 1/2 lb broccoli, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 oz coconut milk, 1/2 oz nuts, 6 oz beer = 4 blocks +2x fat

Block Target = 16 paleo blocks (high-fat ok)

Block Total = 14 blocks + 1xfat

Paleo Rating = 90% (1/2 block milk, 1/2 cup cup coffee, 1/2 beer)

"Helen" (1/2 volume week, 1.5 rounds)

Bike Ride, 2 miles, fixed gear, flat, medium intensity


TbonMisfit said...

Max! Don't worry about the coffee!

Dr. Eades says so!

TbonMisfit said...

Weird...the link didn't paste well.

Tie that all together, and you're golden.

Jay said...

That meal looks pretty good.

Chris Gaskin said...

Are green beans Paleo?