Sunday, November 25, 2007

Paleo Day Seven: Prather Ranch





What I am learning about the paleo diet: I can't do it. It is just too restrictive. I'll muddle through for week two, but I don't seem to be able to do much better than 70% compliance. It certainly has shown me that I could eat way more fruit and veggies than I would have believed.

Above is Prather Ranch Meat Company. Really excellent products, which I highly recommend. You can find Friend of CrossFit, Scott, at the Lake Merritt Farmer's Market on Saturday Mornings.

7AM 1 cup milk, 1/2 caf coffee = 1 block

8AM 1 lb broccoli, one apple, 4 oz steak, 1/2 oz nuts, teaspoon olive oil = 4 blocks +1x fat

Noon 2 oz Prather Ranch Buffalo sausage, 1 apple = 2 blocks

2PM .5 cup milk = .5 block

5PM 3 oz beef, coconut milk, nuts and fruit = 3 blocks +2x fat

8PM 3 oz beef Trader Joe's Vegetable Medly = 3 blocks

Block Target = 16 paleo blocks (high fat ok)

Total Blocks = 13.5 blocks + .75x fat

Paleo Rating = 95% (coffee, milk, tiny bit of butter, sugar in veg mix)

Workout:
"Elizabeth" (1/2 volume, 45# clean, push-ups)
Time: 3:20

bike ride: 6 miles, low intensity, flat, fixed gear

No comments: