Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 126: PURE PALEO





Tomorrow I stride into the valley of Paleo. I'm a bit scared. I've been enjoying a bit of red wine for the first time in a while, but alas that must end for the next few weeks. DISCLAIMER: I'm eating anything put in front of me on Thanksgiving, I'm not a masochist!

Here are my allowed foods:

  • Meat (any)
  • Eggs
  • Vegetables
  • Fruits
  • Nuts
  • Seeds
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil


And just to be clear here are the not allowed foods:

  • Anything Processed
  • Grains (bread, rice, etc.)
  • Sugar
  • Coffee
  • Alcohol
  • Tubers
  • Dairy


6AM 1/2 cup milk = .5 blocks

8AM 2 slices diabetic lifestyles bread, 2 eggs, 2 oz beef, bit o veggie = 3 blocks

11AM Pure Protein Bar = 3 blocks

3 PM 1/2 lb green beans, package Trader Joe's Tuna Green Curry, glass red wine = 4 blocks

6 PM 1/2 lb green beans, package Trader Joe's Tuna Green Curry, glass red wine = 4 blocks

9PM Trader Joe's Flatbread Pizza, glass red wine = 5 blocks + extra carb

Block Target = 16 blocks

Block Total = 19.5 blocks, extra carb

Workout:
"Filthy Fifty"
Time 21:20 (pr)

3 comments:

Ev said...

In support of Max's efforts (and my health) I am joining the bandwagon of modified diets. Though I won't be doing this amazing (and I'm sure worthwhile) Paleo form of eating, I will be eating a whole food diet, sans all grains and processed foods. The two caveats to this are: dairy and a single cup of coffee in the morning. I generally eat lowfat Greek yogurt (a good source of protein and probably listed somewhere in this blog) and part-skim mozzarella cheese--both are Trader Joe's brand.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious if you're going to do Paleo with Zone or just Paleo, period. E.g. "I eat when I want, but I eat damn healthy!"

I'm on my 2nd day of Zone (big deal, I know) and finding it pretty difficult to get all of the portions right. I appear to be getting the right Block quantities, but FitDay tells me I'm getting more like 50% fat, 30% carb, 20% protein ... not sure what the deal is with that.

Thinking about going Paleo, but I think I'd better get Zoning down first!

- xpaz (don't have a google account)

Connie Moreno said...

Awesome Ev!