Sunday, August 24, 2008

Goals Update

My quarterly goals (of my one-year CF Games 2009 training plan) ending October 5 have been met (or not) as follows:

Quarter One:
Goals: (met goals in bold)

* Bodyfat 11% (16%)
* Weight 165# (178)
* Lean = 146 (actually 149)
* CFT 800
* Mile 6:30
* Fran 5:00
* C&J 165

My body composition continues to be my greatest challenge, but it is worth keeping in mind that when I started this journey four years ago, I was 215# and 36% bodyfat with lean mass of only 137 pounds, so my body comp is far more favorable now. I still have not found a diet that will KEEP me at 10% bodyfat, although it is possible to achieve it. Interestingly, my body seems to want to weigh about 178 regardless of body comp. Possibly just concentrating on performance will help.

I will give a shot at that 5:00 fran sometime this week or next, and then concentrate on diet again to see how close I can come to meeting all of the above in six weeks. 13% bodyfat might be doable. Also the weight goal needs to be adjusted up to compensate for the additional lean mass I have gained.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Have you considered Intermittent Fasting (IF)? I intend to give this a shot starting 9/1 to see what happens, I'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.theiflife.com/
http://www.performancemenu.com/forum

Ev said...

Is the interval fasting diet similar or the same the warrior diet?

MBL100 said...

When I did the Warrior Diet (In Tucson), I had excellent results and felt good (plus I enjoyed pigging out). At that time I was doing Jujitsu, Bikram, biking and weight training, I had not yet discovered CF (it was brand-new at the time).

Daniel said...

I hadn't heard of the Warrior Diet - it looks basically the same as IF, only more packaged and branded.

Basically, Intermittent Fasting is simply not eating for 14-16 hours a day, 1-4 days a week. It's not necessarily caloric-restriction - you can try to gain weight on it if you can cram 3500+ calories into 8 hours. It's mostly about insulin manipulation and creating favorable fat-burning windows. Several of my CF role models on the main site swear by it, so I figure I'll give it a shot...none of them are vegetarians, though.