Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blog of Note: Healthy Evelyn






CrossFit East Bay Athlete-Paralegal Ev R. Has a new blog reflecting her renewed fanata.. er, dedication to the cul.., I mean concept of CF:

http://healthyevelyn.blogspot.com/

Worth bookmarking, I'm sure this will chronicle some amazing results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the 5x10 Front Squats today.

95-115-135-155-165(fail 3 reps)

I really disliked this: perhaps it was to develop wrist flexibility? Hard to believe this sort of thing used to be the bread and butter of my training (albeit with a lot of single-joint exercises thrown in).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never done a strength workout with so many repetitions. It seemed like HQ was just trying to throw something different at us. Either way, I enjoyed the workout in that I really felt like I pushed myself to the limit of my endurance. I got to 120 lbs (barely) and was somewhat satisfied with my performance. I don't look forward to another strength workout like this one, but I did enjoy the change of pace.

Ev said...

What about the front squats did you dislike?
I've definitely noticed more pain in the wrists doing various barbell exercises, since climbing. The racking position at the top of the front squat is definitely a wrist bender.

MBL100 said...

This hurt my wrists. Sets of 10 are good for inducing sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (size) and are the bread and butter of bodybuilders and gym rats. I have not done these for years.