Thursday, January 1, 2009

Anabolic Induction Day 3

Since I have done Atkins recently with a disastrous rebound effect: 180>171>195, I do have an idea of what I can tolerate carb-wise. 30 grams a day is going to leave me in a weakened condition, 50 will keep me in mild ketosis without the punishing effect of ultra-low carb, especially as I am on a fairly severe hypocaloric regimen.

Workout:

5 miles Biking HUGE hills, fixed gear

WOD

"2009"

1 200m run uphill
1 200m run downhill
20 sit-ups
10 push-ups
9 burpees, collect token

5 rounds in 19:11

5 miles Biking hills, fixed gear

Food:

Protein 158
Carb 49
Fat 106

Calories: EXACTLY 1801!
Negative calorie balance = 1900

It will be interesting to see how the lifting goes tomorrow: If I cannot improve I might start drinking a "Blue Thunder" during/after lifting sessions (35 g carb .5 maltodextrin/.5 sugar; 35 gram protein. Hopefully this will not be neccessary.

1 comment:

Ev said...

Let us know how this works. If it doesn't make you feel crappy like the Atkins did, I may be inclined to try it. Any good books out there on this that you can reccomend?