Friday, July 27, 2007

Day Eleven: Better Body Comp = 1st Muscle-Up!




Today at a bodyweight of 184 and bodyfat of 18% (top of normal range), I got my first (and second) bar muscle-ups, so clearly I am on the right track. I think this also shows that that bodyfat as a marker of athleticism is somewhat overblown, as the vast majority of people of "lean" or "athletic" body composition cannot do this: of course I'm hoping that at 9% bodyfat I'll be a monster like "Pa" AKA R.D.

A great day for me, because this means I now have all of the skills, and enough strength, to do all WODs as RX'd (although 30 muscle-ups is still probably not possible).

8AM 1 cup non-fat yogurt, 1/4 cup berries, 9 almonds = 1 block, sort of

10AM 2 eggs, 1.5 oz chicken leg, 2 cups broccoli, 1/2 apple = 3 blocks

2PM Mojo bar, 2 oz cheese, 1/2 apple = 3 blocks

Workout: WOD; Linda 6:04 (50% volume week)

No comments: