Friday, September 12, 2008

IF Day 3: Power Production PR!





Day 3 of IF, and while it is too soon to make any solid judgments, early signs are favorable:

-A near PR in FGB; 284
-A decent performance in Josh
-A PR in the Push-Jerk (185x2)
-Increased mental acuity
-Improved recovery time
-Improved injury healing
-Probable ease in compliance

If this works favorably for my body composition, and the above effects are persistent, I'll be ecstatic!

Today:

*21 hour fast (except 30 calories in one serving of "Black Powder" pre-WOD)

*WOD: Push-Jerk 3-3-3-3-3
155-170-175-180(PR)-185x2(F, but a PR)

Food: .5 lb broccoli in cheese sauce, double cheeseburger (96/4 lean) on Diabetic Lifestyles bread, Can of Salmon, 2 builder bars, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. 1 Trader Joe's Thin Crust Pizza with Ham and Gruyere Cheese.

About 16 blocks +2x fat

Yesterday I only managed about 11 blocks before the clock ran out on my 6-hour window, so I need to make sure to plan my eating well.
-

3 comments:

Ev said...

How about more dense food in addition to the fresh good stuff like meat and veg. How about Muscle Milk? That's a whole lot of calories and all kinds of other good stuff.

Daniel said...

I sort of stumbled into a 20.5 hour fast today, just because I never got a chance to eat, and now I have to cram 2400 calories into four hours...tricky. I might have to break my "no olive-oil shots" rule.

But I gotta tell you, so far I'm really digging this IF thing. It's definitely working for me to lose weight, we'll see how it goes when it comes time to GAIN weight!

Grats on your PR! Your first two at 185 looked really solid, I think you just didn't get the last one over your ears quickly enough - you totally could do it.

MBL100 said...

Yeah, Muscle Milk or some sup would be better than the sugary builder bars, plus an apple or two.

Like Daniel, I'm diggin' it.

That third one just felt like utter failure.