Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day Twenty-Two

I got my bodyfat scale working: it turns out it just had to have the contacts cleaned with alcohol. Duh. Anyway I am at 181, 17.5% bodyfat, within .5 percent of the leanest I have been in a decade. I am at 149 lbs lean mass (1.5 lbs lean mass lost in 3 weeks). I really need to make an effort to get 15 blocks a day and see if I can lose just fat and no muscle, which is not easy.

8AM 1 cup milk = 1 block

Noon 6 oz ground turkey, 1 cup veg, 1 whole wheat tortilla = 4 blocks

5PM Builder Bar = 3 blocks

8PM 1 cup milk = 1 block

10PM 6 oz ground turkey, 1 cup veg, 1 whole wheat tortilla = 4 blocks

13 blocks - not enough

Workout: 5 mile bike sprint, steep hills, fixed gear, 18 minutes

2 comments:

TbonMisfit said...

Nice time on the bike.

Thoughts on me being on 13 blocks?

MBL100 said...

Jer: I think the best way to do it is to track changes in body composition, perhaps over a period of two weeks: use photos, scale (bodyfat scale is best), tape measure. If you are satisfied stay at 13, if not adjust. I stayed at 14 for three weeks, and determined it was not enough food: I was loosing too much lean mass, so I'm on 15 now and I feel better. By my calculations each block contains 140 calories (you will have to trust me on this, I know it does not seem right), so each block = 980 calories a week, which is significant, but not so large that it is not safe to experiment with.