I just finished a 6-week strength cycle, and while I am happy with my progress my body composition seems firmly stuck in the "healthy" range, which is not acceptable!
I'm at 176# and 16% bodyfat, or 149# lean mass. Based on my recent lifts I would estimate the following 1RMs:
Deadlift 388# (PR is 395 @ 193#)
Push-Press 182# (PR)
Squat 252# (PR was 300# @ 193#)
Bench Press 231# (PR was 287.5# a long time ago)
Hang Power Clean 177# (PR)
While my balance of strength and body comp is better than at most points in the past, I am way off my best recent comp of 13.5% bodyfat at 168# some months back, although I do have 3 lbs more muscle.
In a nutshell, here is my plan to shed the bodyfat and stay strong over the next five weeks:
- Fairly strict zone, no grains besides steel-cut oats, no alcohol, lots of veggies
- 14 blocks, 17 blocks on Saturdays (blocks will be "high-protein" blocks, using "slop factor")
- Substitute "Sprint 8" for selected CF workouts, up to 4x per week
- One heavy strength workout per week, to try to maintain lean mass (deadlift based)
- Use FitDay to track and measure
- Blog daily
- Create negative calorie balance of 1000 calories per day.