Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Last Weak Link






C2B Fran

There is definitely one last major chink in my armor, performance wise. You can see the culprit in the upper right of the photo above.

We did C2B Fran yesterday, and my performance was abysmal, despite being able to do 21 unbroken thrusters. Strength only goes so far when your body composition is, shall we say, sub-optimal. While I have no illusions of being an underwear model, this level of bodyfat is really holding me back.

I calculated my input/output with Fitday yesterday, something I have gotten out of the habit of doing. I was surprised to see I ate a few hundred calories more than I expended, even though I meant to eat less. As the last few month demonstrate, this is an outstanding protocol for gaining strength while keeping bodyfat levels constant but, clearly, to lean out I need to (obsessively) track everything, as my natural tendency is to very slightly overeat. As we know a few hundred extra calories a day can add up to a lot over a year. It may well be that I need to write down everything I eat, every day, for the rest of my life, or until I stop caring about my body comp. I hope not.

No comments: